Our street cleaning staff help to clean up litter, cigarettes and dog fouling from across Poole.
Use this service to report:
- a street sweeping issue
- a litter problem
- a litter or dog waste bin issue
- a regular problem with dog fouling
- if you see any business using public litter bins for their trade waste
- if you see a damaged or vandalised litter or dog waste bin
Using our litter and dog waste bins
Black bins; you can use all our black litter bins for both litter and bagged dog waste.
Orange bins; you can use our orange pole mounted bins for both litter and bagged dog waste.
Red/Green bins; our red or green dog waste bins are for bagged dog waste only.
Blue bins; are for recycling materials only.
Litter bins are not to be used for commercial waste or for domestic waste that should go in your household bin.
Servicing our litter and dog waste bins
We have more than 1,200 litter and dog waste bins in our streets and parks and open spaces. These bins are regularly emptied and cleaned as necessary.
During significantly bad weather or exceptionally busy holidays it may not be possible to ensure all bins are emptied before they get full.
If you find a full bin please do not leave your waste. Help us by taking your waste home with you and disposing of it responsibly.
We do not
- provide litter or dog waste bins on private property
- provide litter bins to be used for business (trade) waste
- litter pick from private property
How you can help
You can help by putting your waste in a bin or take it home.
You can also help by:
- bagging all dog waste before putting it in a litter bin
- not contaminating any of our blue recycling litter bins with non-recyclable waste
- ensuring that cigarette ends are stubbed out before putting them in a litter bin
- volunteer to carry out a litter pick with Poole Enviroteers by emailing: email@example.com
Please do not dispose of barbeques containing inflammable materials, ‘woods’ or ‘coals’ in our litter bins. Please dispose of BBQs at our special BBQ disposal areas on the beaches or drench thoroughly with water to remove all inflammable woods and coals before putting the foil dish in a bin.
If you have litter or recycling and the nearest bin happens to be full, please do not stack it on top or by the bin where it might get blown around. Please take it to another bin with space or take it home with you.
To avoid creating the opportunity for birds and animals to remove waste from a bin please ensure your waste is well pushed through the opening or lid into the bin.
Page last updated: 11 February 2019