Winner of the prestigious Blue Flag award for a consecutive 31 years and with its soft, golden sands and breathtaking views, it is no wonder that Sandbanks is considered one of the best beaches in Britain. Facilities include a crazy golf course, children's play area, a slackline, barbecue area and a cafe. Find out about the Poole Harbour Catchment initiative.
- parking: Sandbanks car park (off-street), BH13 7QJ; 532 spaces (5 disabled). See charges for this car park. There is also Harbourside pay and display parking along Banks Road. On hot days the car park fills up fast, so consider alternative ways of travel.
We have the following facilities available:
- public toilets (including disabled)
- drinking water
- cold water showers on the promenade
- children's play area with climbing, swings, sand diggers and sensory play panel
- crazy golf courses
- barbecue area
- lifeguard cover from May to September
- watersports equipment and hire
- parasol and deckchair hire
- volleyball nets, slackline and table tennis
- beach office
Find out about hiring equipment at Sandbanks.
- you can Sandbanks beach by ramp
- contact Sandbanks beach office to find out about our all-terrain beach wheelchairs that you can hire with 24 hours' notice
- we also have Mobi-Mat beach access matting in place from Easter to September every year
We have a number of beach huts available for both short term hire and annual hire.
There is a designated dog beach area at the western end of Sandbanks beach to Haven Point (near the chain ferry). Always keep dogs on a lead on the promenade. Read our dogs on the beach page.
The designated area for barbecues is at the western end of Sandbanks beach. You can have a barbecue on any of Poole's beaches, but you should read the barbecue and parties guide before you plan one.
Things to do
Visit Poole Tourism for more activities in the area.
Blue Flag, TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice Excellence Award 2013.
Page last updated: 01 April 2019