If you think you need a referral to the community mental health team it is often best to talk to your GP first. Your GP will contact us directly.
Services provided are a partnership arrangement between Borough of Poole and Dorset HealthCare University NHS Foundation Trust. There are two community mental health teams in Poole for people over 65: north and south. They each consist of consultants and other medical professionals, social workers, assistant care managers, occupational therapist, support time recovery workers, administration staff and community mental health nurses.
What we do
We provide assessment, treatment and support to older people with mental health conditions, based on 3 guiding principles:
- person centred care: we will listen to your views and those who care for you as we value the experience and skills of older people, recognising the differing needs of each person and developing services to respond to your individual needs
- partnership: evidence of collaboration should be found at all levels; between organisations; between professionals; between you, family members and professional carers
- evidence-based practice: services should utilise evidence from research and have robust systems for evaluation and continuous development
How to make a referral
Please call 01202 633902 for referrals for social care.
Referrals for health assessment should be made through your GP.
Who we help
We can help:
- people with functional mental illness, such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, anxiety, depression
- people with organic mental health concerns, such as alzheimer's, dementia
- carers of older people with conditions mentioned above
- comprehensive mental health assessment and treatment
- development of person centred care plan with you and those you want to involve to meet your needs
- support from a multi disciplinary team
- home care services where required
- day centre provision by health, social care services or the independent sector
- respite care in accommodation to suit your assessed needs
Page last updated: 05 December 2018