The legal service provides a professional, efficient and comprehensive legal service covering all aspects of local authority law including:
- children’s social services and education such as education supervision orders and child protection
- conveyancing, legal agreements and commercial contracts, and general advice relating to all the school’s function such as land acquisitions/disposal, leases, licences, tenancies and other legal agreements, advice on Information Governance, Data Protection and Freedom of Information
- court work, advocacy and general advice relating to claims, disputes, complaints and litigation such as employment tribunals, school attendance prosecutions, child employment prosecutions, injunctions and acting for the school in any legal proceedings, and advice over the impact on the school of private family law issues e.g. contact/access/parental responsibility
The legal services team will deliver legal advice directly to the school through its teams of qualified and experienced solicitors, legal executives and highly experienced support staff. Their expertise is supported by an extensive programme of continual professional development and other training, a first class online legal library and appropriate IT fit for purpose including an electronic case management and time recording system.
The legal services team will ensure:
- confidentiality in its relationships and dealings with the school at all times
- qualifications and expertise of staff providing legal support to the school is commensurate with the work undertaken
- appropriate management of the service through the Legal Services Management Team
- a response to all non-urgent enquiries within five working days
- a response to all urgent enquiries within one working day
- investigate and respond to any complaints about the service provision within two working days
Service availability is 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday. Contact our business manager by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01202 262809.
Page last updated: 02 April 2019