The health and safety service supports head teachers to fulfil their delegated health and safety roles as senior managers of the Borough of Poole under its Corporate Safety Policy. It keeps schools informed of education specific health and safety guidance and the support available to them whilst enabling the sharing of good practice, both within Poole and with other LAs in the South West.
- comprehensive advice and support from Health & Safety team to answer H&S enquiries / concerns raised by school (by phone, email or visit to school where necessary)
- a model school health and safety policy to inform school arrangements which support the Borough’s Corporate policy
- 3 briefing sessions for schools throughout the year, updating on new and forthcoming responsibilities, best practice and guidance including a Q&A opportunity
- liaising with Borough of Poole's Schools Asset Management team or Borough of Poole's Fire Risk Assessor where necessary to advise on school buildings and premises safety
- investigation of accidents and other incidents, in association with the school’s management team
- H&S training on school site for school staff where specific training need has been identified and agreed between school and H&S team
- analysis of accident trends in schools from the Borough’s accident report data and sharing the interpretation so that schools can prioritise necessary actions appropriately
- an electronic source of reference health and safety material via the Loop for direct access by schools
- guidance and support directly to schools, where necessary in association with other specialist advisors
For more information contact Jeff Morley, Environmental and Consumer Protection Manager by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01202 261710.
Page last updated: 05 April 2019