Use our school catchment search to find out which school catchment area an address falls within. You can also view our school catchment area maps.
Living within a school’s catchment area does not guarantee that all children within that area will be offered a place at the catchment school.
Schools are not allowed to reserve places for pupils who may move into the area after it has filled to its published admission number.
You should not assume that your home is in the catchment area of the school that is nearest to your home address. Some schools do not have a catchment area.
If you are considering moving to or within Poole we recommend that prior to purchasing or renting a property, you check with our school admissions team about the availability of school places.
You should not take information given out by estate agents or any third party as to the catchment area school for a particular road or address as being in any way accurate.
If you are in any doubt about the catchment area school for a particular property, please use our search facility or contact our school admissions team by:
Schools without a catchment area
- Ad Astra Infant School
- Canford Heath Infant School
- Canford Heath Junior School
- Carter Community School (from 2019/2020 onwards)
- Hamworthy Park Junior School
- Haymoor Junior School
- Magna Academy Poole
- Ocean Academy Poole
- Parkstone Grammar School (only for 2018/19, catchment area introduced for 2019/20 onwards)
- Poole Grammar School (only for 2018/19, catchment area introduced for 2019/20 onwards)
- Stanley Green Infant Academy
- St Edward’s RC CE Secondary School
- St Joseph’s Primary School
- St Mary’s Primary School
- Twin Sails Infant School
To find out how the admissions policies for these schools work, read the:
Page last updated: 25 February 2019