The small trader's permit is aimed at tradespeople who need to have access to their vehicles whilst carrying out work at properties within Poole where parking is restricted. They are not for parking at the traders’ work place or their home address. Your business must be based in the Poole/Bournemouth conurbation.
Permits will be issued with one vehicle registration number displayed. Only one permit is allowed.
The cost of a small trader parking permit is currently £200 per year.
Where to park
The small trader permit allows you to park on a single/double yellow lines, in resident bays, in limited waiting bays, in surface car parks, and on-street pay & display areas.
Where not to park
The small trader's permit does not allow you to park in disabled bays, taxi ranks or taxi bays, bus stops or bus lanes, loading bays, or yellow lines where there is also a loading ban in force. You cannot park in Multi-Storey car parks. It is not valid for council housing land.
Documents required at the time of application
- proof of nature of work being undertaken by your company on official headed paper
- copy of your recent payroll records to confirm the number of employees
- copy of the vehicle registration document(s)
- copy of the vehicle insurance policy to prove that it is covered for business use
- copy of your tax returns (new businesses may present company bank account details on their first application only)
How to apply
Download and complete the small trader permit application form and enclose your cheque/postal order, made payable to the Borough of Poole, together with photocopies of the supporting documents as set out on the form and post the application to:
Parking administration section
Borough of Poole
PO Box 5038
Parking Administration will not accept personal callers.
Page last updated: 05 March 2019