Resident permits are issued to assist residents to park their vehicles, within restricted zones situated throughout the Borough of Poole.
You can register more than one vehicle on your online account and then nominate which vehicle you need to park, as and when required. It is important to ensure the vehicle you have parked is the vehicle active on your account.
Resident parking permits are currently £55 per year.
Documentary evidence is required with your first application using the online permit system.
Proof of residence
A check will be made of the Council Tax and Electoral Roll records to verify residence. However, if you are not named on these records, you will need to provide either:
- a current tenancy agreement, or
- a bank statement less than 3 months old
Proof of vehicle ownership
- registration document V5 pages 1 and 2 (the vehicle must be registered to the property and applicant)
- schedule of insurance, showing name and address (only if vehicle is new to you or you have just moved to the area)
- company vehicles - a letter is required from the company to confirm the resident is the keeper of the vehicle, as well as registration document or lease agreement
If you are unable to provide the required documentary evidence or are unsure about what to supply please contact the Parking Administration Section on 01202 634240.
How to apply
You can apply online or by post.
To apply online, please use our form.
You will require a valid credit or debit card and copies of relevant evidence to upload.
To apply by post, download and complete the resident on street parking permit application form and enclose your cheque/postal order, made payable to Borough of Poole, together with photocopies of the supporting documents as set out on the form and post the application to:
Parking administration section
Borough of Poole
PO Box 5038
Permits will be issued within 5 working days from receipt of a completed application. Parking administration will not accept personal callers.
Please make sure you read the resident on street parking permit terms and conditions.
Page last updated: 05 March 2019