This is a 1 day course for staff who have already attended Facilitator Induction or Facilitator Refresher training. This training must be refreshed every 12 months.
Facilitators are not trainers, but they are able to support colleagues in complex moving and handling scenarios, deliver constructive feedback and ensure that health and safety regulations are respected.
The aims of this course are:
- to ensure that facilitators have appropriate competence in the safe moving and handling of people
- to ensure that all facilitators who validate workplace moving and handling activities of care employees become proficient in basic observation and assessment techniques
- to ensure that all facilitators are able to communicate effectively, deliver constructive feedback and produce appropriate action plans
By the end of the session, participants will:
- understand the principles of safe moving and handling in the context of the Human Rights Act
- have an awareness of manual handling as an important health and safety condition
- know the factors that can lead to injury from manual handling operations
- understand the basic principles of risk assessment
- become proficient in moving and handling in different scenarios, including complex situations
- be able to assess the competency of employees and validate their practice in the workplace
- be able to problem solve, give good instructions and provide support to staff when working in complex moving and handling scenarios
The cost of this course is £40.
28 March 2019 - More information / Book now
All bookings are made using CPD Online. If you do not already have a CPD account, please send an email to email@example.com with your:
- organisation name
- telephone number
Please note: Adult social care courses are for staff currently employed in a health and social care setting.
Page last updated: 31 January 2019