This training is for staff who are (or will be) responsible for conducting moving and handling competency assessments. Delegates must have already attended moving and handling training (either scheduled or bespoke) with Borough of Poole before attending this course.
The aims of the course are:
- to ensure that delegates have appropriate competence in the safe moving and handling of people
- to ensure that delegates who validate workplace moving and handling activities of care employees become proficient in basic observation and assessment techniques
- to ensure that delegates are able to communicate effectively, deliver constructive feedback and produce appropriate action plans
This training must be refreshed every 12 months.
Note for managers: Please see information on CPD Online regarding the basic skills check and the post-course observation session.
By the end of the session, participants will be able to:
- describe the principles of save moving and handling in the context of key legislation
- explain the basic principles of risk assessment
- identify the factors that can lead to injury from manual handling
- demonstrate good moving and handling technique in different scenarios, including complex situations
- assess the competency of employees and validate their practice in the workplace using relevant assessment paperwork
- demonstrate effective communication and constructive feedback
The cost of this course is £40.
19 June 2019 - More information / Book now
1 October 2019 - More information / Book now
All bookings are made using CPD Online. If you do not already have a CPD account, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your:
- organisation name
- telephone number
Please note: Adult social care courses are for staff currently employed in a health and social care setting.
Page last updated: 18 February 2019