This 2 day course aims to ensure that staff have appropriate skills in moving and handling people, and to enable them to meet legal responsibilities in relation to manual handling regulations. Participants complete a workbook as part of the course.
Participants should attend refresher training 12 months after completing this course.
By the end of the sessions, participants will be able to:
- recognise legal implications to moving and handling of people
- apply ergonomic risk assessment before carrying out any handling operation
- identify the need for appropriate communication as a base of dignified care
- recognise the structure and functions of the spine and the main cause of back pain
- recognise the importance of adopting correct posture for handling in everyday activities
- recall the correct procedure for reporting barriers to safety, accidents and injuries
- demonstrate an understanding and consideration of individual needs and capability
- demonstrate an ability to promote independence
- undertake moving and handling tasks safely and in accordance with organisational policies and procedures
The cost of this course is £60.
19 and 21 February 2019 - More information / Book now
19 and 20 March 2019 - More information / Book now
25 and 26 April 2019 - More information / Book now
8 and 9 May 2019 - More information / Book now
All bookings are made using CPD Online. If you do not already have a CPD account, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your:
- organisation name
- telephone number
Please note: Adult social care courses are for staff currently employed in a health and social care setting.
Page last updated: 18 February 2019