Telephone 01202 261700 to book a treatment
You can find advice for controlling wasps on the British Pest Control Association website.
Charges are payable prior to treatment.
- first wasp nest: £52 (including VAT)
- second and subsequent wasp nests on the same site, treated at the same time as the original nest: £26 (including VAT)
- removal of a dead nest (second visit): £19 (including VAT)
If you are in receipt of one, or a combination of, the following benefits treatment will be half price.
- first wasp nest: £26 (including VAT)
- second and subsequent wasp nests on the same site, treated at the same time as the original nest: £13 (including VAT)
- removal of a dead nest (second visit): £9.50 (including VAT)
Commercial properties (including churches and schools)
The commercial charge is:
- £78 (excluding VAT) per hour during duty hours
- £116 (excluding VAT) for outside duty hours
- £152 (excluding VAT) on a Sunday or a Bank holiday
- £39 (excluding VAT) for an additional visit
Booking the treatment
Please phone us on 01202 261700 during working hours, (9am to 5pm Monday to Thursday and 9am to 4.30pm Fridays) where our staff will provide advice and make an appointment for treatment.
Appointments are arranged Monday to Friday:
- mornings (between 8am and 12 noon)
- afternoons (between 12 noon and 4pm)
We are unable to provide an exact appointment time.
You can pay using credit (not American Express) or debit card when booking an appointment or by cash or cheque (payable to Borough of Poole) on the day of treatment before it has been started.
If you are a private tenant (or tenant of a Housing Associations including Poole Housing Partnership) you can:
- pay for the service yourself (as detailed above)
- ask the landlord to contact us to arrange treatment (as detailed above), if it is their responsibility
Full charges apply.
What to do after the treatment
The charge for treatment does not include removal of the nest. If the treatment has been successful and there is no longer any wasp activity around the nest you may feel it is safe to remove it. However, if you do not feel able to do this, we can do so subject to an additional charge.
What to do if the treatment does not work first time
Please contact us with the date and details of the original treatment and make a new appointment.
Page last updated: 30 April 2019