Roles and duties
As Strategic Director Place, Kate's role includes:
- providing leadership and strategic direction to improve the quality of life for the people of Poole.
- leading work in planning, regeneration, economic development, highways, environment, capital development, waste management and housing.
- leading work with partners, local businesses and the community to drive economic growth and create a vibrant, distinctive and sustainable Poole economy
The strategic director works with the leader of the council and cabinet to support the priorities of the council:
- promoting the health and wellbeing of our population especially the most vulnerable
- ensuring all children and young people have the chance to achieve their full potential
- promoting Poole’s economic growth and regeneration by attracting investment in business, housing and jobs
- protecting and enhancing Poole’s beautiful environment in a sustainable way so that it is a great place to live, work and play
Service units in the place theme:
- Growth and Infrastructure
- Environmental Services
- Culture and Community
Strategic Director salary scale: £89,401 to £100,284 p.a.
Page last updated: 17 January 2019