Check if you're eligible and apply to get free early education for your 2 year old.
You are entitled to 15 hours per week of free early education for your 2 year old child if you get:
- Income Support
- Universal Credit (annual net income of up to £15,400
- income-based Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA)
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- support through part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Universal Credit (annual net income of up to £15,400)
- Child Tax Credit or Working Tax Credit calculated on an annual income not over £16,190
- the Working Tax Credit 4 week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
You are also entitled if you have a child who:
- receives Disability Living Allowance
- is a child looked after by the local authority
- has left local authority care through special guardianship (fostered), or through adoption or residence order
- has a current Statement of Educational Needs, or an Education, Health and Care Plan
Apply for free early education
You can also apply by:
Help with free early education
If you are having trouble choosing an education provider, or want advice on completing this application, you should get in contact with the outreach and brokerage team.
Inspections of Early Education Providers
Early Education Providers are regulated and inspected by Ofsted. You can find out more about Inspection Reports by viewing the 'Quality' section of individual childcare records on the Family Information Directory.
Page last updated: 28 May 2019