We provide tailored, focused support where there is a family with a child or children with a severe disability, to empower the family to function effectively.
What we do
Chad offer specialist support to children when there are a combination of factors related to disability or health condition, the family’s abilities to cope and the resources available to the family.
Our priority aim is to ensure the child develops to their full potential and is free from harm, neglect and abuse.
Most of the children we work with have multiple disabilities and health conditions that result in them having exceptional care needs.
The team can help in a range of ways depending upon the individual family circumstances covered in the assessment. These may include:
- co-ordination of a multi-agency plan to support the child and family
- support with behaviour management
- referrals to other specialist services for support
- access to sessional workers
- provision of Direct Payments to purchase additional care and support
- day care or overnight breaks for disabled children
How do families access our service
Families in Poole can request an assessment of their situation by the Children's Services Hub.
Following assessment, if a case does not meet the criteria for CHAD services, advice will be provided to access appropriate or recommended services, such as:
- short breaks
- play schemes that are experienced and skilled in meeting complex needs
- youth clubs that are experienced and skilled in meeting complex needs
- health: learning disabilities service
- child development centre
- occupational therapy
- community nursing
For general information, you can read the Poole Local Offer.
Page last updated: 19 March 2019