Poole officially achieved Fairtrade Town status at the end of July 2016.
This prestigious award is in recognition of our commitment to promoting Fairtrade products and principles.
You can view a map of places in Poole where there is Fairtrade.
In order to achieve Fairtrade Town status, we worked towards these criteria:
- we passed a resolution supporting Fairtrade, and to serve Fairtrade products at meetings in the Civic Centre
- a range of Fairtrade Mark products in local shops and eateries
- half of all places of worship in Poole promoting and using Fairtrade products
- over 40% of primary and secondary schools teach pupils about Fairtrade (at least four are officially Fairtrade schools)
- gaining a flagship employer supporting Fairtrade (the RNLI college)
Poole's Fairtrade steering group meets regularly and is made up of:
- Borough of Poole
- Bournemouth and Poole College
- RNLI College
- Poole Chaplaincy
- Poole Grammar School
- Poole Housing Partnership
- Poole Methodist Church
You can contact the Fairtrade Poole steering group by emailing email@example.com or fill in our Fairtrade survey to tell us how you're supporting Fairtrade.
Page last updated: 11 December 2018