To apply for a Residential Disabled Parking Bay you will need to complete the application form, which can be downloaded from this page. However, before applying please read the conditions page, as certain criteria will need to be met before an application can be approved.
Cost - A charge of £300 is applicable before a bay can be installed.
Eligibility Criteria - the following documents must be provided along with the application form:-
- A valid disabled badge (photocopy of both sides)
- Proof of residence (copy of a utility or Council Tax Bill)
- Photocopy of DVLA Registration Document (V5)
The bays will not be installed where:-
- General parking is not currently permitted (e.g. double yellow lines)
- There is parking within the curtilage of the applicants property, or the opportunity to make such provision.
- It is unsafe to install a bay due to safety reasons (this will be assessed by an Engineer)
- There is already an adequate amount of disabled parking in the vicinity.
Permitted users - Once installed the bay may be used by ANY Disabled Badge Holder and is not reserved exclusively for the applicants use.
Removal of bays - A bay will be removed when it is no longer needed. It is the responsibility of the applicants to inform the Council in this situation. An annual review of all Residential Disabled Bays will be carried out, with those deemed no longer justified being removed.