From early 2008, the Local Planning Authority will be offering more formal pre-application advice which will be available to all applicants and agents. This will provide planning advice regarding the acceptability of proposed development, the issues to be resolved, financial contributions and the likelihood of receiving Planning Officer support. A fee will be chargeable for this service.
If you are considering a development proposal, the Local Planning Authority welcomes and encourages discussion prior to submitting a formal application which can be of great benefit to an applicant by avoiding abortive work, providing greater certainty and speeding up the statutory process.
The Planning Portal have provided an interactive house guide containing information to householders on Planning and Building regulations for common household developments.
The benefits of Pre-Application Advice include:
- An opportunity to understand how the Borough’s policies will affect the proposed development.
- Identifies whether there will be a requirement for specialist input in relation to listed buildings, conservation areas, trees, landscape, noise, contaminated land, other regulatory requirements and material considerations.
- Provides an opportunity to help ensure a more efficient and effective passage through the development control process.
- Will identify where negotiations are required and how they might be addressed.
- Will lead to a reduction in time and money spent on development proposals.
- Will provide greater certainty to applicants.
A pre-application advice form (including guidance notes and charges) are available from the download area opposite.