The government advice is that planning applications must be decided in line with these policies unless there is an overriding reason to set them aside. Our commitment to you is that we will use our best efforts to:
- Ensure that the Local Plan is kept up to date.
- Ensure that local people help shape policies.
- Provide Supplementary Planning Documents (SPDs) for sensitive or large sites.
- Make sure consultation documents are available at all Poole libraries.
- Monitor the implementation of the policies.
- Respond to new pressures by proposing new and/or amended policies.
- Advise on how you may make representations to proposed policies and inform you of how your views were considered.
- Use a variety of consultation techniques to ensure all sections of the community are engaged.
- Publish all current work, SPD and policies on the website.
- Acknowledge comments received during consultation periods.
- Balance the requirements for development with the conservation of the environment.
Direct links to policy documents
To save you navigating through the website please use these underlined direct links to the policy documents you are wanting to view.
Development Plan Documents (DPDs)
These are statutory documents that set the planning strategy, policies and site allocations for a local authority area:
Work is also currently ongoing on the Local Plan Review.
These carry the same status as the DPDs stated above but are prepared in conjunction with other Dorset Local Planning Authorities:
Work is also currently ongoing on the following DPDs:
Supplementary Planning Documents (SPDs)
These are non-statutory documents that supplement the policies and proposals of the Core Strategy and other DPDs, giving greater detail on design, advice and procedures, which are beyond the scope of the Plan. The following are available as SPDs:
Work is also currently ongoing on the Draft Nitrogen Reduction in Poole Harbour SPD.
Supplementary Planning Guidance (SPG)
These provide greater detail in relation to particular policies or proposals contained in DPDs, to ensure they are properly understood and applied effectively. Although SPG documents do not have the same status as adopted DPDs, they are likely to be a material consideration in determining planning applications. The current SPG documents and advice notes are available on the SPG page.
The Core Strategy along with the other adopted DPDs contain an implementing and monitoring section which sets out indicators of achievement against key outcomes with targets monitored accordingly. Other monitoring documents, such as the CIL Monitoring Report, are also available on the monitoring page.
Other areas that may be of interest
Local Development Scheme
Statement of Community Involvement
Self Build Register
Community Infrastructure Levy
Local Development Orders
Heritage, Conservation Areas and Listed Buildings
Conservation Area Appraisals