The Safer Poole Partnership is Poole's statutory community safety partnership, made up of several organisations working together to tackle crime, anti-social behaviour and substance misuse.
Safer Poole's vision
Safer Poole’s vision is to make Poole a place where those living, working and visiting feel safe, secure and healthy.
Areas of work
Our areas of work include:
- facilitating Restorative Justice for Poole
- overseeing the Safer Neighbourhood process in Poole
- supporting front-line workers with administrative support, communications, funding, analysis and advice
- providing training and guidance for partner agencies on subjects including domestic abuse, sexual violence, honour-based abuse and domestic extremism
- tendering and managing contracts for domestic abuse services on behalf of the Borough of Poole
- leading on pan-Dorset domestic abuse and sexual violence communications
- producing an annual strategic assessment to give an overview of crime and anti-social behaviour issues and make recommendations to the board.
Who we are
The Safer Poole Partnership is made up of a team of council officers, a board and several sub-groups.
The Safer Poole team is made up of eight members of staff employed by the Borough of Poole.
Safer Poole Board
The Safer Poole Board consists of representatives from the organisations that make up the partnership. It is a statutory body with responsibility for formal decisions on strategy and policy, and sets community safety targets for the year. It also holds partner organisations to account for the work they do to improve community safety.
The Safer Poole Partnership’s sub-groups include:
- Performance Management and Commissioning Group: performance monitoring, policy and strategy reviews, commissioning decisions and the allocation of funds
- Operational Group: a multi-agency group responsible for sharing intelligence and finding multi-agency solutions to specific crime and anti-social behaviour issues and prolific offenders. Also allocates funding
- Vulnerable Victims' Conference: oversees the case management of vulnerable victims of anti-social behaviour
- Domestic Abuse Strategic Group and Sexual Violence Strategic Group
- Reducing Reoffending strategy group.
The partner organisations that make up the Safer Poole Partnership include: