Getting married is probably much simpler than you think! The following pages offer you an overview of the process.
For further information, or to order a copy of our please contact this office by email, or telephone 01202 633744.
New Service: Conversion of Civil Partnership to Marriage
There is now a provision for couples to convert their civil partnership to marriage if they wish to do so. This came into effect on 10 December 2014, although the exact process for conversion is still subject to Parliamentary approval.
You do not need to have had your Civil Partnership originally conducted in Poole.
- couples will need to attend an appointment in person at Poole register office
- they will need to provide evidence of their identity and civil partnership registration
- the conversion will take place when the couple sign a declaration to confirm that they have not dissolved their civil partnership and confirming that they both wish to convert their civil partnership to a marriage
- the declaration is signed in the register office
- the conversion will be registered and a certificate of conversion will be issued